Dear Parents and Students,
This school year has had a fantastic start! All of the students are meeting new friends and having the opportunity to learn a variety of new things.
In my class, we just finished our unit on inferencing. The students took one test last week and one test yesterday on the comprehension strategy of Inference. I take the higher of the two scores and delete the lower one. This week we will review and learn more about the main idea and details, summary, and text features.
Last Tuesday we had the opportunity to have class in our amazing school library. Students learned all about the library and I encourage each student to check out books and participate in the library activities.
Upcoming library events: October: Battle of the Books ( More information will be coming from Mrs. Fullmer) The students who participated last year really had a lot of fun!
Here are some important dates to mark on your calendar.
- Thursday, Sept. 22: Mid-Term SEP, Parent Conferences. (3:45-8:00 in the gym) Please check Infinite Campus for missing assignments. I am always available before school from 7:55-8:25 am. I am available after school by appointment only because I have afternoon meetings on various days.
- This week small group instruction book clubs will begin!
- Please read 20 minutes at home each night and mark your Tower of Books Paper!
- Monday, Sept. 26: No School for students (Teacher Development Day)
Your children are such a delight to get to know and to teach! I’m thrilled to have each of your children be a part of the PACK at Spring Canyon Middle School
Mrs. L. Crook
6th Grade Lang. Arts
To Do List
1. Please read 20 minutes each day. Please mark your Tower of Books paper that was handed to you in class. We are having a class competition to see what class can reach 600 books read! We will have a fun activity to celebrate!
Please check Infinite Campus to see if you are missing any work. I have the grades updated.